When I was growing up, Stuffing was my absolute favorite part of Thanksgiving. I wasn’t a huge Turkey fan but the sides were where it was at. Especially stuffing! The first Thanksgiving Adam and I spent together I was still eating meat, and his mom made a family recipe for stuffing. My goal this year was to make a vegan version of this amazing dish. And let me tell you it was damn good!
Now you need to thinly slice 4 stalks of celery, and set them aside. Next, you are going to peel and chop 2 Apples (I used Gala Apples, so you will want to use something similar in taste), and set them aside.
Next you want to chop up your Vegan Hot Italian Sausage, I used Tofurky brand as well as LightLife Veggie Sausage. For the Italian Sausage, just give it a rough chop because you are going to throw it into a food processor and pulse until it resembles grounds , and set aside. For the LightLife Sausage you are going to chop into very small pieces, so that they break apart more easily.
Melt two tablespoons of Vegan Butter, and saute Onion and Celery until soft, about 3 minutes. Melt one tablespoon of vegan butter, and add in the sausage, and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart the larger chunks of sausage as it softens. Remove from heat, and add chopped Apple, and bag of Bread Crumbs. Slowly add water until the mixture softens (I used a little less than half a cup). Add 2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning, stir to combine!
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter, divided
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 4 Stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Apples, chopped
- 1 Package LightLife Veggie Sausage
- 1 Package Tofurky Italian Sausage
- 1 Bag Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- ½ Cup or more Water
- Dice Onion, and thinly slice Celery, and set aside.
- Core and Chop Apples and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Tofurky Italian Sausage until it resembles grounds.
- Chop LightLife Sausage into small pieces.
- In a large stock pot, melt 2 Tbsp of vegan butter, and saute onion and celery until soft (3 minutes).
- Add 1 Tbsp vegan butter, once melted add vegan sausage and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking up any small pieces as the sausage softens.
- Remove from heat, and add chopped apples, and stir to combine.
- Add in the bread crumbs and stir to combine; slowly add water until the mixture is softened.
- Add 2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning, and stir to combine.
What is your favorite holiday Side Dish? Comment below and let me know! If you make this take a picture and use #VeganFakinGood