It is no secret that I absolutely love pasta, I think I always have. And when I am having a lazy cooking day I simply whip up a delectable pasta dish. Well my most recent lazy kitchen day led me to making Penne Alla Vodka! Vodka Sauce is probably my most favorite red sauce to put on pasta, and I am so happy I decided to try my hand at vegan Vodka Sauce.
I came up with this recipe on the fly, simply using those ingredients that I had in my fridge, and in the pantry. This recipe has a total of 8 ingredients, and takes max 30 minutes to whip up. I know, that is pretty damn easy (I told you it was a lazy kitchen day). First thing you need to do is mince three cloves of Garlic and set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a saute pan over medium high heat, and saute minced garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Next add in one can tomato paste, and one can tomato sauce (preferably organic), stir well to combine. Next add in 1/2 a container of Daiya Dairy-Free Plain Cream Cheese stir well to combine. Then add in 1/2 cup of Almond Milk (unflavored and unsweetened)), and stir to combine. slowly add in 1/2 cup of Vodka. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions. I used Tolerant Red Lentil Penne Pasta, but you can use any pasta you would like. I do feel as though Penne pasta works best for a dish such as this. Serve with a salad, or some other type of green. I recommend my Spicy Crispy Green Beans!
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Package Penne Pasta (I use Tolerant Red Lentil Pasta)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce (preferably organic)
- 1 Can Tomato Paste (preferably organic)
- ½ Package Daiya Plain Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (unsweetened and unflavored)
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Heat Olive Oil in saute pan, over medium-high heat, add garlic and saute 3 minutes.
- Add Tomato Sauce and Paste, and stir until smooth.
- Add Cream Cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add next three ingredients, and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Drain Pasta and add to sauce, serve.
What is your favorite Tomato based sauce? Comment below and let me know! If you make this please tag using #VeganFakinGood