So I LOVE alfredo sauce, and when you’re vegan you are bound to miss the sauce. That being said, you can actually make a pretty tasty sauce with a few simple ingredients. And even better the dish will be packed with protein! If you cannot have soy, in a couple of weeks I will be trying my hand at a soy free alfredo! Cannot wait to share those results.
For this recipe you really only need a few simple ingredients. One of which is Silken Tofu, this is where the dish gets all of it’s protein. The rest are garlic, onion, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, nondairy milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg cornstarch. And of course Jalapeño!
Heat a pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. While the pan is heating dice your onion. Add about 1 tbsp grapeseed oil to the hot pan, and then saute onion, until translucent. Mince 4 cloves of garlic. Add onion, garlic, nondairy milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, nutmeg and silken tofu to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Cut your Jalapeños and remove seeds and ribbing. Tinly slice, and saute in 1 tbsp of oil for about 3 minutes. Add the sauce back into the pan. Add cornstarch and heat until thickened. Meanwhile cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Serve immediately.
- 1 lb Campanelle Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ a Vidalia Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups alternative milk
- ½ a Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to your taste level
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 12-ounce pack firm Silken tofu
- 4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Heat Pan over medium high heat (3-4 minutes).
- While pan is heating, dice onion.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Grapeseed oil to heated pan, and sauté onion until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Mince 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Add onion, garlic, nondairy milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, nutmeg and silken tofu to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Cut you Jalapeño and remove seeds and ribbing.
- Thinly slice Jalapeño and saute in 1 Tbsp. oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pan, with cornstarch, and cook until thickened.
- Drain Pasta, and add to the sauce.
What is your favorite type of pasta sauce? Comment below and let me know! If you make this dish take a picture and tag using #VeganFakinGood