Let’s talk comfort food. Chili Mac is probably the most comforting food. It might not be the healthiest but damn is it good. And I promise that man and child a like will be returning for seconds, maybe even thirds. And all those meat eaters are going to be proud to say they love it! You can either use the chili from this recipe for two cups of my Vegan Chili.
Prep your veggies and set them to the side. Chop half of a Red Bell Pepper, and 1 small Red Onion, or half of a Medium. Mince 3 Cloves of Garlic.
Oil in the Pan:
In a large saute pan, over medium heat add 1 Tbps Habanero Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp Lime Olive Oil. If you don’t have a flavored oil, a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil will do just fine. Add in the chopped Red Onion, and saute for 2-3 minutes until they are soft. Add the chopped Bell Pepper and minced Garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
Essential Chili Ingredients:
Add in one package of Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles and heat for 2 minutes until slightly heated. Stir in, 2 tsp Chili Powder, 1.5 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano, and cook until fragrant. Stir in 1 can Kidney Beans, 1 can Diced Tomatoes (with liquid), and 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Melt some Butter:
Cook 2 Cups dried Macaroni according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking you are going to make the cheese sauce. Over low heat, melt 2 Tbsp of Vegan Butter. Add 2 Tbsp of Flour and whisk for one minute, making sure it is combined.
Sauce it up:
Whisk in 2 Cups of Non-Dairy, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook, and whisk until the mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in 4oz Vegan Cream Cheese, mix until well combined (this might take some elbow work. Stir in 2 Cups Vegan Cheddar Shreds, 1 tsp Dijon Mustard, and 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce. Mix until cheese is melted and well combined. For ease, you can transfer to a blender and blend on high until combined.
Add the Pasta:
Stir in the cooked Pasta, and mix until it is covered.
Add in the Chili, and mix until well combined, season with Salt and Pepper as needed. Option to serve with Avocado and Hot Sauce.
- 2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Tbsp Lime Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Habanero Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Package Beyond Beat Beefy Crumbles
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 15oz Can Kidney Beans, undrained
- 14.5oz Can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 4oz Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Vegan Cheddar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Cook Macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over Medium heat, add Lime and Habanero Olive Oil.
- Saute Onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add Garlic and Bell Pepper, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until they are soft and the Garlic is fragrant.
- Add Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles, and next four ingredients and cook 2-5 minutes until fragrant and the crumbles are heated.
- Add the Beans, Tomatoes, and Tomato Paste, reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally.
- In a Sauce pot melt Vegan Butter over low heat.
- Add flour, whisking for a minute until well incorporated.
- Whisk in Milk, and bring to a boil, whisking until the mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Vegan Cream Cheese, once incorporated, mix in the Vegan Cheddar and next two ingredients (transer for to a blender for quicker incorporation).
- Stir in cooked Pasta, and then the Chili.
What is your go to comfort food? Comment and let me know. If you make this take a picture and share with me using #VeganFakinGood