When I was a meat eater, I loved my wings, and honestly I don’t miss them, but I definitely miss so yummy spicy bites. Which is why I have been dying to make Buffalo Cauliflower Bites! It’s football season, and you cannot have football without some tasty junk food appetizers!
The first thing you are going to need to do to make your Cauliflower Bites, is make the batter. For this recipe I decided to play around with Quinoa Flower. So that means that this recipe is gluten free! I know, you are just screaming with excitement. When making Cauliflower Bites, the batter is key. You can put the best buffalo sauce in the world on these, but if the batter isn’t on point, you will be with sad cauliflower.
First preheat the oven to 450. To make the batter whisk together 1 cup water and 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Quinoa flour in a bowl. Then whisk in 2 Tbsp Old Bay, 1 tsp Onion Powder, 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika, 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper and salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
Next chop up the Cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Next dip the Cauliflower into the batter, and ensure it is covered. Use a slotted spoon, and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until the batter is golden and crispy.
Coat the Cauliflower in Buffalo Sauce. I used the Buffalo Sauce that Heavy Seas; a local brewery carries. You can use any Buffalo Sauce you want, or you can make your own. Just make sure that the ingredients are vegan.
- 1 Cup Water
- ¾ Cup + 2 Tbsp Quinoa Flower
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Head Cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- ⅓ Cup or more, Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Whisk together Water, and next 5 ingredients, set aside.
- Chop Cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Dip Cauliflower into batter, make sure each piece is coated, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until batter is golden and dried.
- Coat with Buffalo Sauce, and serve.