I love Breakfast, and this ‘Egg’ Sandwich is about to be your favorite way to enjoy the first meal of the day! This recipe is inspired by the Breakfast Sandwich from a Vegan Restaurant near my home, and it is my husband’s favorite. And it is so easy, and so filling. I might even consider making this into a frozen sandwich that can be reheated for those very busy mornings!
Cut one Block Extra firm tofu into 4 1/4 inch thick slices and press. Cut two Smoked Apple Sage Vegan Sausage in half width wise and then length wise. Heat 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil over Medium-High heat. Place sliced sausage in pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side (until browned). Remove from heat and drain. Mince 3 cloves Garlic.
Herb your Oil:
In a non-stick fry pan, heat 2 Tbsp Canola Oil over medium heat, add 1 tsp Ground Turmeric, 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp Chili Powder, 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika, and 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper. Saute for a minute until fragrant, add Garlic and saute 2 minutes longer. Add Tofu and cook five minutes on each side until it is browned. You might need to do 2 slices of Tofu at a time.
Build the Sandwich:
Toast 8 pieces of bread until golden. Spread Vegan Mayo on all of the slices. Place a slice of Vegan Cheese on half of the slices, top with Tofu and 2 pieces of Vegan Sausage. Top with remaining bread. Cut in half and serve.
- Extra Firm Tofu, 4¼ inch slices
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Chao Original, 4 slices
- 2 Apple Sage Vegan Sausages, cut and sliced in half
- Vegan Mayo
- 8 Pieces Bread, toasted
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Ground Cayenne
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Cut a block of Extra Firm Tofu into 4¼ inch slices and press for 10 minutes
- Using 2 Apple Sage vegan Sausages, cut them in half width-wise and then lengthwise.
- Heat 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat, and sear Vegan Sausage for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy and browned. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat 2 Tbsp Canola Oil over medium high heat, add Turmeric and next 4 ingredients saute for 1 minute, add minced garlic and turn heat to low.
- Sear Tofu for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat, you want it to be crispy.
- Spread Vegan Mayo on all 8 slices of bread.
- Place Chao Slices on half of the bread, top with Tofu, and 2 slices vegan sausage, cover with second slice of bread, and cut in half.
Serving ‘Egg’ Sandwich: