So, I bought myself a spiralizer, and I have to say that I am absolutely in love. I was so looking forward to making Zoodles, but right now I am drowning in Sweet Potatoes. So that means, lets make Sweet Potato Noodles! I mean, who doesn’t love Sweet Potatoes!
Making Noodles with my spiralizer is absolutely awesome this has to be one of the best purchase I have made in a very long time! I decided to purchase the Paderno 4-Blade Spiralizer, and to make the Sweet Potato Noodles, I decided to use the second largest blade.
I spiralized about 6 Sweet Potatoes, but this is because I was absolutely drowning in them, courtesy of my CSA. Aren’t these cute noodles? Next you want to saute the noodles in 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil and 1 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil. You want the noodles to be soft.
Mince half of a Red Onion, and half of a Green Pepper, Red Pepper, and Yellow Pepper, set aside. Mince 4 cloves of Garlic. Heat 2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil in a small saucepan, and saute Garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next add in 1 tsp Ground Ginger, 3/4 cup Water, 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 1.5 Tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce, 1 Tbsp Tamari or Braggs Liquid Aminos, and 1 tsp rice Vinegar. Stir until smooth, and reduce to a simmer, and cook until sauce thickens.
Top Noodles with Peanut Sauce and the Vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 6 Sweet Potatoes, Spiralized
- ½ Red Onion, minced
- ½ Red Pepper, minced
- ½ Green Pepper, minced
- ½ Yellow Pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- Mince Red Onion, and Red, Green and Yellow Pepper and set aside.
- Spiralize Sweet Potatoes.
- Heat Peanut Oil, and Garlic Olive Oil in large skillet and saute "noodles" until soft.
- Mince Garlic.
- Heat Grape Seed Oil in a small sauce pan, and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add Water, and next 6 ingredients, stir until smooth; reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened.
Have you ever used a Spiralizer? If so, what is your favorite vegetable to use? If you make this, tag using #VeganFakinGood