You should all know by now that I am a huge fan of spicy foods. A lot of my recipes include some sort of kick, and honestly the bigger the kick the better. This recipe came from just staring into the abyss that is the refrigerator. That and there were some veggies that needed to be cooked ASAP!
This recipe is really just a hodgepodge of vegetables with a Smokey Spicy Chipotle Dressing. For the dressing I used some amazing Habanero Infused Olive Oil and Ancho Pepper Balsamic Vinegar from Secolari. If you have never been to an Olive Oil tasting room, you are missing out! Secolari was the first one I ever went to and I fell in love instantly! It is just so much fun to taste, and they are doing so much with Oil and Vinegar these days!
For this recipe I used Brussels Sprouts, Vidalia Onion, Rainbow Carrots, Garlic, Green Chilies, and Corn. First you want to dice half of a Vidalia Onion, and mince 3 cloves of garlic. Sauté in a skillet with plain olive oil on medium high heat. Sauté until translucent (2-5 mins). Chop the ends off Brussels Sprouts, and discard. Roughly chop and sauté for about 10 minutes with the onions and garlic. Add a small can of green chilies and sauté for another 5 minutes. Roughly chop 3 rainbow carrots, and sauté for 10 more minutes. Add a can of corn and sauté for 5-10 minutes (depending on if you want the Brussels Sprouts to crisp).
Turn off heat and make your dressing. In a small bowl combine 2 Tablespoons Habanero Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon Ancho Pepper Balsamic Vinegar and 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce from can of Chipotles. Whisk until smooth. Pour over the vegetables and serve.
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, chopped
- ½ a Vidalia Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Rainbow Carrots, chopped
- Small Can Green Chilies
- 1 Can Corn
- 2 Tbsp. Habanero Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ancho Pepper Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Adobo Sauce
- Chop Onion and mince Garlic.
- Saute in 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil for 2-5 minutes.
- Chop off ends of Brussels Sprouts, and roughly chop.
- Saute with Onions and Garlic for 10 minutes.
- Add in Green Chilies and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Chop carrots and saute for 10 mins.
- Add corn and sauté for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients, and whisk until blended.
- Pour over veggies and serve.
I served this with Creamy Vegan Mac & Cheese with Sundried Tomatoes. Comment below and tell me what your favorite thing to do with vegetables is!