So this has to be one of the most refreshing pasta dishes ever! And honestly it is a pretty healthy dish! And did I mention that it is JAM packed with protein? Well it is! It is also one of the simplest dishes to make, very few ingredients and not time intensive! Which I know you are shocked, since so many of my dishes require some time in the kitchen.
So first you need to mince your garlic. I used 4 cloves, because 2 of the cloves were kind of small. If you aren’t too keen on the garlic flavor as we are here, simply cut down on the garlic you use in the dish.
Next you need to blend the Vegan Cream Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers, Vegetable broth Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes in a blender until smooth. This takes about five minutes in my blender, but if you have a better blender it probably won’t take that long. I used Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread. I like this brand because it is soy free!
I made this dish gluten free, and honestly I prefer this Red Lentil Pasta to regular pasta. It is jam packed with protein, which is always a plus when you are on a plant based diet. If you have not tried this pasta I highly recommend it!
Next you need to bring a large pot of water to a boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil sauté the Beyond Chicken Strips (cut into bit sized pieces), until heated throughout. This will take about 5 minutes. Add the Pasta to the boiling water, and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sauce to the chicken, and heat for about five minutes. Add the cooked pasta and serve!
Look at this beautiful fresh basil! Chop this up and throw it on top of the pasta before serving!
- 1 Package Tolerant Red Lentil Penne
- 1 12oz Jar Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 8oz Package Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 1 Package Beyond Meat Chicken Strips
- 1 Handful basil, chopped.
- Mince Garlic.
- Cut Beyond Meat Chicken Strips into bite sized pieces.
- Add Roasted Red Peppers, and next 4 ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Saute Chicken Strips for about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the chicken, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Chop Basil.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, and top with chopped basil
Comment below and tell me what your favorite pasta sauce is! If you make this or any dish, please share a picture with #veganfakingood