Who doesn’t love a good cupcake recipe? Well these one’s a simply to die for! They taste like pumpkin pie with a delectable Cream Cheese Frosting! I put raw Pecans on top, but Candied Pecans would be even better. These might be my new Birthday Cupcakes, perfect for both Fall and Winter.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 Cup Muffin Pan with paper liners and set to the side. In a medium bowl whisk together 1 Cup Flour, 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger, 1/2 tsp Allspice, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda and 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt. Set aside.
Get to Creaming:
Beat together 1 Stick of Vegan Butter and 1/2 Cup Sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
Pump Pump Pump it up:
Beat in 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree and 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract until combined. Slowly beat in 2 Vegan Eggs one at a time.
Now beat in half of the flour mixture until well combined before adding the remaining half and beating until combined. Using an ice cream scoop, transfer the Cupcake batter to the liners, filling each one 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes until the the tops are golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack, completely cool before frosting.
While the Cupcakes are in the oven, make the frosting. Using a mixer combine 8oz Vegan Cream Cheese, 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter, and 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup and beat until creamy.
Finish the Frosting:
Gradually mix in 2 Cups of Powdered sugar, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Stick Vegan Butter, softened
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Canned Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Vegan Eggs
- 8oz Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 Cup Muffin Tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together Flour and next 8 ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together Vegan Butter and Sugar for about 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Pumpkin Puree and Vanilla Extract until combined.
- Slowly beat in Vegan Eggs one at a time, until well combined.
- Mix in ½ of the flour mixture until combined before mixing in the remainder of the flour mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes until tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mix together Vegan Cream Cheese, 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter and 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup until creamy. Gradually add in Powdered Sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Frost the cupcakes.