I love Pecan Pie, honestly it is probably one of my favorite recipes. It’s one of the easier pies, at least in my opinion. Especially when there is a little Bourbon in there, I mean YUM! Fall is probably my favorite season, simply because it mean time for pie! And I love just about every pie imaginable, but this one is probably my favorite. A true southern staple, no matter the occasion.
Remember, when making Pie Crust you want to use Cold Butter! This is very important. Cube 4 Tbsp of Vegan Butter.
Get to Pulsing:
First you are going to pulse together, 1 1/4 Cups Flour, 2 Tbsp Sugar, and a 1/2 tsp of Salt until they are well combined. Next add 2 Tbsp Vegetable Shortening, and pulse until it has disappeared. Add the cold cubed Butter and pulse until there are pea-size bits of butter.
Make your Egg:
Prepare 5 vegan eggs. 1 egg prepared in a separate bowl.
Finish the Dough:
Add 1 Vegan Egg and and 1/4 Cup Ice Water to the food processor. Pulse until the dough gathers into a ball.
Form into a Disc:
Form the dough into a disc, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Unwrap dough and roll into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under and crimp.
Make the Filling:
Whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 3 Tbsp. melted butter, 1 cup dark corn syrup, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup bourbon. Stir in 2 cups pecan halves. Pour filling to the prepared pie crust. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set. Cool pie completely before slicing.
Pecan Pie Slice:
Slice into you pie, and enjoy the sweetness that is pumpkin pie. You can serve this with vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream to make it a truly decadent experience.
- 4 Tbsp. Vegan Butter, cubed
- 1¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Shortening
- 1 Vegan Egg
- ¼ Cup Ice Water
- 4 Vegan Eggs
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Bourbon
- 2 Cups Pecan Halves
- Pulse together flour, sugar, and salt, until well combined. Next add shortening and pulse until it has disappeared. Add in butter, and pulse until there a pea-size bits of butter. Add vegan egg and ice water to the food processor. Pulse until the dough gathers into a ball.
- Form dough into a disc, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 4 vegan eggs and next 6 ingredients until thoroughly blended. Stir in pecan halves and set aside.
- Unwrap dough and roll into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. fold edges over, and crimp. Pour filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.