I just came up with this recipe when I was staring in my kitchen thinking about what I should be making for dinner. Now because of this, I am going to have to guestimate on the amounts. But sometimes that is just the way to go. Sometimes you just need to improvise when you are in the kitchen.
I am going to try my very best to get the measurements right for you, but honestly playing around in the kitchen can be fun, and everyone’s tastes are different. Before continuing, can you guess the secret ingredient in the sauce? You will have to read more in order to get that answer!
This dish is really simple. and as long as you have 15-30 minutes that is all you need. The cream part of the Rose sauce was a cashew cream. Normally I soak my cashews overnight (or while at work), but since I simply went into my kitchen with the intention of dinner, I only soaked them for an hour. And the sauce was spectacular. I just let my blender fun a little longer.
The first thing I did was pour some Cashews in a bowl and cover them with water. I probably used a third of a cup, maybe a little more. let them sit for an hour. When you have about 15 minutes left in the soaking heat a large pan over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Next dicehalf of a vidalia onion, and mince 5 cloves of garlic. You will also want to remove seeds and ribbing from 1 jalapeño and thinly slice (this is the scret ingredient). Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the hot pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions and garlic are fragrant and the onions are transluscent. Remove from heat.
Drain your cashews and place in a blender with about 2/3-3/4 cup of vegetable broth. You want just a little bit of liquid covering the cashews. Once blended add in the sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapeño . Blend until smooth. Add 1 large can of diced tomatoes and blend until smooth. If you still need a smooth consistency add some more vegetable broth.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions. While water is boiling, pour sauce into large pan, and heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Serve with preferred pasta toppings!
- 1 lb Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ⅓-1/2 cup Cashews
- ½-3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (Organic)
- ½ of a Vidalia Onion, diced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds and ribbing removed, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak Cashews for at least one hour.
- When there is 15 minutes remaining for the cashews dice onion, mince garlic, and slice the jalapeño.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Olive Oil to heated pan and sauté onion, garlic and jalapeño for 2-3 minutes (onion should be translucent), remove from heat.
- Boil large pot of water.
- Add cashews and vegetable broth to blender, blend until smooth.
- Add sautéd vegetables to blender, blend until smooth.
- Add can of tomatoes to blender, and blend until smooth.
- Once water is boiling, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Transfer sauce to large pan and heat.
- Add pasta to the sauce and serve.
Comment below and tell me what your go to easy meal is! If you make this share a picture using the tag #VeganFakinGood