I love potatoes, I love just about everything you can do with a potato. I love mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, au gratin potatoes, hashbrowns, and my favorite, homefries. Now I have to be honest, I am very picky about my homefries. For me, homefries need to be seasoned to perfection, and more importanly they need to be CRISPY. I absolutely hate, sad, soggy homefries. This is probably because my Mom made the BEST homefries.
I will be honest, it took me a long time to make homefries as good as my Mom (which is probably because I am not overly patient). I use two types of potatoes in my homefries (Yukon Gold, and Sweet Potatoes), and I use seasonings that I love (I am from Maryland so Old Bay is a must). I chop the potatoes and I let them sit in the seasoning for at least 20 minutes, before baking in the oven.
- 2 small Sweet Potatoes
- 4 small-medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp. Old Bay
- 1 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt (I use Pink Himilayan)
- 1 tsp. Smoke Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Oil (Coconut or Olive)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Dice the Sweet Potatoes and Yukon Gold Potatoes, and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together all the Dry Ingredients.
- Add Oil to the Potatoes and Mix.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, and let potatoes sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread Potatoes flat on the baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, or until crispy (depends on size of diced potatoes).