I love Pasta, and flavored Pasta is the absolute best! Add in some Vegan Meatballs and it might as well be a party! These Mushroom Meatballs are simply to die for, and honestly I could eat them without any pasta and just a little bit of sauce and be perfectly happy!
Let’s Prep the Veggies:
The first thing you are going to do is prep your veggies. Start by finely chopping 16oz of Mushrooms (I used Baby Bellas. You can do this by hand or in a Food Processor. If you are using a Food Processor, make sure they don’t start to come together. Next, dice a medium Onion, and mince 4 cloves of Garlic. Set aside.
Give a Rough Chop:
Next, roughly chop a 1/2 cup of Fresh Parsley (I used Flat-Leaf Italian for this recipe).
Now we are going to heat 2 Tbsp Basil Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Onions, and saute until soft (5-7 minutes). Next add the Mushrooms and increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 10-15 minutes. The mushrooms are going to sweat, so you are going to want the water to evaporate and the mushrooms to be a nice brown color. Add minced Garlic and saute an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool.
The Vegan Egg:
Mix up 2 Vegan Eggs, or 2 Chia/Flax Eggs, and set aside.
Stir in 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp Thyme, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, 1/2 Cup chopped Parsley, 1 Cup Quick Cook Oats, 1 Cup Breadcrumbs, and prepared Vegan Egg. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Bake the “Meatballs”:
Preheat oven to 400. Form into small balls using a tablespoon. Bake for 15 minutes until they are browned.
Make your plate:
Add Marinara Sauce (my preference is Rao’s) in a medium saucepan. Top with the “meatballs” and cook over medium-low heat for an additional 15 minutes. While this is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions. For this recipe I used Basil Garlic Fettuccini. Top Pasta with Marinara Sauce and few “Meatballs”. Garnish with Vegan Parmesan and Fresh Parsley.
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Basil)
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 16oz Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Vegan Eggs
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 24oz jar Marinara Sauce
- Parsley to garnish
- ⅓ cup Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, add Basil Olive Oil.
- Saute Onion until soft (5-7 minutes).
- Add Mushrooms, and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Next, add minced Garlic, saute an additional 2 minutes; transfer to a large mixing bowl, and let cool.
- Add Parsley and next 7 ingredients to the mushroom mixture, stirring to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- Form Mushroom into small balls, and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat add Marinara Sauce, top with meatballs and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs and sauce cook, begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Serve pasta with Sauce, Meatballs and garnish with Parsley and Vegan Parmesan.