You cannot go wrong with Mexican Layer Dip, I mean who can say no to Beans, Guacamole and Sour Cream. Add Cheese and Tomatoes and it might as well be a party! This dip is perfect for all your party needs, and I promise it will be gone before the end of the night. You might even lick the dish! And to make this even more enticing, it is so unbelievably simple to make.
The first thing you are going to want to do is make some Guacamole. if you want to cut down on costs, buy it at the store, but I promise my recipe is super tasty and perfect in this dish! Set aside.
Next you are going to make some Sour Cream, or if you want to cheat buy your own (I do this all the time – so no judgment). To make your own, in a blender combine drained Silken Tofu, Juice from 1 Lemon, Pinch of Salt, 1 tsp Maple Syrup, 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Chill for 20 minutes to thicken.
Now we are going to make the Bean Dip. In a Microwave safe bowl Mix together 1 16oz Can Vegetarian Refried Beans, and 4oz Vegan Cream Cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir together. You might need to microwave longer. Make sure it is well combined. Spread on the bottom of a 8×8 casserole dish.
Get to Layering:
Next, spread the Guacamole on top of the Bean Mixture. Then, top will Sour Cream, Vegan Cheese and Diced Tomatoes. You can get even more adventurous and add Sliced Black Olives and Green Onions. I knew if I added these though, that my Son wouldn’t eat it!
- 16oz Can Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 4oz Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Vegan Sour Cream
- 8oz Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Avocados, mashed
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, diced and divided
- 1 Lime, juiced
- ½ Anaheim Pepper, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, mined
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Mix together Mashed Avocados, ½ Cup diced Cherry Tomatoes and next 4 ingredients and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add Refried Beans and Vegan Cream Cheese, microwave for 30 seconds and stir together. if you need more time, do in 15 second increments (don't want to be too hot.
- Spread Bean Dip on the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Top with Guacamole.
- Next add Sour Cream (Homemade or Store Bought).
- Sprinkle with Vegan Cheddar Cheese, and remaining diced Cherry Tomatoes.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.