Lavender Pasta? I know you are thinking, what is wrong with this girl that she thinks Lavender Pasta is a good idea. But I promise you it is fabulous. Lavender, Lemon and Rosemary are the perfect marriage of flavors. This dish might even become a staple in our house because it is just so damn good! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Chop and Steam:
Chop one small to medium head of Cauliflower. Steam in 6 Cups of Vegetable broth until fork tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
Chop the Chickun:
This is another time where I was bad at taking photos. Partly because I wasn’t thinking straight, and partly because I was having issues with the camera. The first think I am going to have you do is chop the Chickun into bite sized pieces and set aside. Finely chop 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary and set aside.
Mince 6 Cloves of Garlic and set aside.
Dice it up:
Dice one 1/2 of a medium Onion and set aside. Melt 2 Tbsp of Vegan Butter, add Onions and saute 2 minutes until they begin to soften. Add Minced Garlic and saute 2 minutes longer until fragrant.
Zest 1 Lemon and set aside. Juice 2 Lemons and set aside.
Cauliflower Alfredo Time:
Using a slotted spoon transfer steamed Cauliflower to a high-speed Blender. Add sautéed Onions and Garlic, 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 Cup of the Cauliflower Cooking Liquid, 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast, 1 Tsp Sea Salt, 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper, ad 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk). Blend until smooth. I blended my 2 times for 90 seconds each. Set aside.
Let’s Finish it up
Cove the bottom of a large Saute Pan with Rosemary Olive Oil over medium heat. Add chopped Chickun, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Rosemary, remaining Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, 2 Tbsp White Wine, and drained jar of Artichoke Hearts. Cook for 5 minutes until liquid is reduced by half. Pour in Cauliflower Alfredo, stirring occasionally and cooking until heated throughout.
Let’s Finish and Serve:
Cook Pasta according to package directions. Strain, and transfer to the pasta sauce. Season with Salt and Pepper. Garnish with fresh Rosemary.
- 1 Package Lavender Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 Package Beyond Meat Lightly Seasoned Chicken Strips, cubed
- 1 Jar Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- ½ an Onion, diced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Head Cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ Cup White Wine
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Steam Cauliflower Florets in Vegetable broth until fork tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, reserving liquid.
- In a nonstick fry pan, melt Vegan Butter.
- Saute Onion for 2 minutes until soft, add Garlic and saute 2 Minutes longer until fragrant, remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer Cauliflower to a high speed blender, along with 1 Cup of cooking liquid, Almond Milk, Nutritional Yeast, 2 Tbsp of the Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a Large Saute Pan add Rosemary Olive Oil over Medium heat.
- Add Chickun and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Rosemary, Lemon Zest, Remaining Lemon Juice, White Wine, and Artichokes, cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Pour in Cauliflower Alfredo and cook until heated, add cooked pasta and serve