Did somebody say Green Bean Casserole? Oh, that’s right, I did. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes, and it is a holiday must have. Or if you are like me, anytime you have a dinner party! This version is not only vegan, but significantly lighter that the traditional version!
Prep those Veggies:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bring a large pot of Salted Water to a boil. The first thing you are going to do is prepare your veggies. Dice one small Onion, mince 2 Cloves of Garlic, and Chop 2 Large Portobello Caps. Set to the side.
Rinse and trim 1.5 lbs of Green Beans. Transfer to the Pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. While cooking prepare a large bowl of ice water. Drain beans and transfer to the Ice Water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
Saute Onion and Garlic:
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter and allow to melt. Add Diced Onions to the pan, and saute for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften. Next add the Minced Garlic and saute until fragrant, about another minute.
Next add the Chopped Portobello’s to the saute pan, and cook for about 2 minutes. Sit in 2 Tbsp Flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add 1 Cup Vegetable Broth, and 1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning, stirring to combine. Add Coconut Cream from one can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
Making the Sauce:
Add 1 Cup Vegetable Broth, and 1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning, stirring to combine. Stir in the Coconut Cream from one can Full-Fat Coconut Milk and stir until combined. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook 10 minutes until thickened. Stir in 1 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper. Drain Green Beans. Remove Sauce from heat and stir in Green Beans. Transfer to a Casserole dish and top with French Fried Onions and Panko Bread Crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 1.5 lbs. Green Beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Small Onions, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 large Portobello Mushroom Caps, chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Can Coconut Milk, refrigerated over night
- ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 6 oz French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water with 2 Tbsp Salt to a boil, add Green Beans and boil for 5 minutes.
- While boiling, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Drain the beans immerse in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat melt the 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter.
- Add onions and saute until they begin to soften about 2 minutes, add Garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add Chopped Portobellos, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the Vegetable Broth, stirring to combine.
- Next stir in Coconut Cream from the top of 1 can Coconut Milk.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in Green Beans, transfer to casserole dish.
- Top with Bread Crumbs and French Fired Onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and serve immediately.