Greek on the Street Bowl, at least that is what my husband likes to call it. This Quinoa Bowl is the perfect lunch bowl for your week, and you might even want it everyday for the next year, it is that good! It is my husbands favorite and he is always asking for me to make it!
Get your Dice On:
The first thing you want to do is prep your veggies, and this bowl as a whole lot of veggies. Dice half of medium Red Onion, and 1 Green Pepper. Quarter half of a Cucumber, leaving the skin on. Chop 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes, and set to the side.
Juice some Lemons:
Cook 1 Cups Quinoa According to package directions, with the addition of 1 tsp Lemon Zest, 1 tsp Oregano, and the juice of 1 Lemon.
In order to make the dressing, combine the juice from 2 Lemons, 1 tsp Dried Oregano, 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper, 2 Cloves minced Garlic, and 1/2 cup of Lemon Olive Oil in a glass jar, shaking to combine. Combine everything (Quinoa, Veggies, Kalamata Olive, and Dressing) in a bowl, and toss to combine.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cucumber, cubed
- ½ Medium Red Onion, diced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 3 Lemons, juiced and divided
- 1 Jar Kalmata Olives, pitted
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Oregano, divided
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 Gloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Lemon Olive Oil
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions, with 1 tsp Lemon Zest, 1 tsp Oregano and the Juice from 1 Lemon.
- While the Quinoa is cooking, prep the veggies.
- In a Jar Combine, Juice from 2 Lemons, 1 tsp Oregano, ½ tsp Kosher Salt, ¼ tsp Ground Pepper, minced Garlic, and Lemon Olive Oil. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Combine Quinoa and prepped veggies in a bowl, mixing to combine. Toss with dressing.
Quinoa Bowls are one of my favorite ways to enjoy lunch, and you can add just about anything you would like to this bowl. I usually double all of my Bowl recipes in order to have lunches for the whole week for my husband and me. If you want to add a protein, I would recommend some good Vegan Chicken sauteed in Lemon Olive Oil. What are your favorite Bowl Recipes? Comment below and let me know! If you make this please tag using #veganfakingood