Winter is for Soup. But please excuse my Stove! This Chipotle Pepper Soup is simply to die for, and warms you form the inside out, with the perfect amount of heat. Plus who doesn’t love Pumpkin in the colder months? Have this as an entree or as a side to a fabulous dinner.
Dice and Mince:
Dice one Medium Onion, and mince 2 Cloves Garlic.
Heat 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat, add diced Onions and saute for 5-6 minutes covered, until the Onion appears translucent.
Spice it up:
Stir in minced Garlic, and 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Whisk in 1 29oz can of Pumpkin.
Make some Soup:
Next whisk in 6 cups of Vegetable Broth, add in 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo along with 1 Tbsp of Adobo Sauce. Raise heat to medium-high, and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender in batches, and blend until desired consistency is reached. Top with sauteed Apple Sage Sausage, Black Beans, and Vegan Avocado Crema, or Vegan Sour Cream.
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 (29-oz.) Can Pumpkin
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Adobo Sauce
- Heat 2 Tbsp Olive Oil over medium heat, add in diced Onions and cook for 5 minutes covered, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in Garlic and Cumin, and saute an additional 2 minuted.
- Whisk in Pumpkin and Vegetable broth.
- Add Chipotle Pepper and Adobo sauce, stirring to combine.
- Simmer for 12 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. a
- Process soup, in batches, in a blender, until desired consistency is reached. Feel free to add more Vegetable broth if desired.